Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Barb's summer vacation at Whitefish Lake, Montana


From my sister's baby book

A panoramic view of Whitefish Lake

The cabin and the family car

Barb's brothers at the edge of the lake
(after "we had a change", I gather) 
All photos taken with a Kodak Pony 135 by Retiring Guy's dad,
who seemed to have a thing about including people's feet in the frame. 
(Digitized by Retiring Guy)

The route we took to get there.

On the way back, we drove through Glacier National Park, which is actually where the 1st photo in this series was taken.

My sister died of breast cancer in October 2008.  Rummaging through some family memoribilia this morning, I was surprised to find her baby book in my possession.  I guess that's what happens when you designate yourself the family historian.  While paging through it, I was able to clarify portions of the mid-1950s family timeline.  Dad didn't always make notations -- year, location -- on the slides.

No comments: