Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Do they see me when I'm sleeping? Do they know when I've awake? (Another Beaty Junior High School Blogpost)

In the first case, I certainly hope not.  Probably so, in the second case.

Why am I going in this direction?

Spotify offered the following musical suggestion this morning.


Yes, I was a teenager, having turned 13 in October 1962.   "The End of the World" reached #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 for the week ending March 23, 1963.  It spent 6 weeks in the top 10 and charted for 17 weeks overall.



The school that I attended sat, "stately and so grand", on the eastern bank of the Conewango Creek in Warren, Pennsylvania, "just above the dam".

Photo credit:  Retiring Guy (October 2008)

The thing we carried.  (At least some of us, and for awhile.)

The cover (4" x 6")

The "centerfold"




Want to know more?
"Hail to Thee", Beaty Junior High School.

No comments: