Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wisconsin Public Library Circulation, 2003-2012

Source:  Wisconsin Public Library Service Data
Circulation of physical items.
(2012 data is preliminary)


Total circulation is
  • up 16.1% since 2003
  • up 1.7% since 2008
  • down 3.2% since 2009.

Circulation of children's materials
  • is up 16.7% since 2003
  • dropped slightly in 2007 and 2010
  • reached an all-time high in 2012

Apparently, there are lots of folks who, like me, still check out physical materials from the public library.

Sidebar:  This audiobook, my most recent checkout, will keep me occupied for awhile.  (Here's Stephen King's New York Times book review.)


Two years ago, I hadn't read anything by Joyce Carol Oates.  Since then, I've listened to every audiobook available in LINKcat.  My favorites:  The Falls (the role of Ariah -- even the name -- would have been a perfect fit for Geraldine Page), Little Bird of Heaven (masterfully performed by Kate Reading).

No comments: