Monday, February 11, 2013

U.S. Higher Education Statistics: Pick 1 from Column B and 1 from Column C

I guess I'm a little confused this morning.



For some reason, Broad's statistics left me hearing a clanging sound in my head.

So I decided to investigate.


So who are we to believe?

Molly Corbett Broad, President of the American Council on Education?

The U.S. Census Bureau?

Or U.S. News and World Report?  10 Colleges With the Most Students Age 25 and Older, 11/13/2013

Excerpt:  On average, students age 25 or older accounted for roughly 15 percent of all undergraduate students [attending 4-year colleges] during fall 2011, according to enrollment data reported by 1,155 ranked schools in a 2012 survey by U.S. News.  

The 2011 U.S. Census table cited above indicates that 14.2% of all undergraduates students attending 4-year colleges are 25 or older.

Gotta stop.  Feel as though I'm getting a headache.

No comments: